How to buy a house – First time home buyers
How to buy a house
First time home buyers or second time, information helps. Get in-depth accurate knowledge on how to purchase home. Get home buying free tools which gives many information related to home buying.
Experiencing how to buy a home is very important lesson of life, especially when you consider that buying a home is likely the biggest personal financial move you’ve made so far in your life and you consider home will be your dream place to dwell.
With $200,000, or $300K or more on the line, getting the home purchase experience right isn’t a luxury — it’s a necessity of life for almost everyone.
Buying a house takes time. And no house—even that perfectly cute bungalow on the corner with the fenced-in backyard—is worth jumping into before you’re ready.
You know what’s more important than the house you buy? How you buy that house. And this home buying is a circular process, meaning every generation buys home and statistics shows 90% first time home buyers end up moving into second new home because they found some limitation in their first home which they couldn’t foresee and hence sold first home, bought second!
There are different parameters one need to take account into. Below is a super handy practical house buying helper tool. It has 19 important calculators in one, choose next after finishing each.
Topics include Affordability calculator, Should i refinance calculator, mortgage payment calculator, Interest only calculator, rent vs buy calculator, should I use HELOK calculator, Paying off Credit Card Debt with Minimum Payments calculator and many more.
But do begin with, make sure you have plans of buying home long time ago hence you have saving.
Now that you have this extremely helpful house hunting tool to begin house search, you still need info!
Basic information on home buying process:
- 1. Check your credit score.
- 2. Find out how much is down payment.
- 3. Find out mortgage options.
- 4. Find best helping real estate agent or agency.
- 5. Search houses yourself first from these websites
- 6. Get Pre qualified and Pre approved for mortgage loan.
- 7. Get your home loan approved for the home you like.
- 8. Finish the home inspection and appraisal process.
- 9. Close on the dream house (After signing more than 100 pages)
Some tips on how to choose home:
- 1. Make sure the home you buy is close to your work. Long commute is not worth it.
- 2. Don’t pay PMI on mortgage, pay off 20% loan before closing.
- 3. Find out if there is any community fees, if yes how much.
- 4. Verify source of water going out, how much water house throws, how busy is sump pump.
- 5. How much you can afford.
- 6. The down payment.
- 7. The loan amount itself – How much House can you afford?
- 8. How to qualify for a loan.
- 9. Closing costs.
- 10. Choose 30 years first then refinance with lower terms when you are confident.
- 11. Paying off Credit Card Debt with Minimum Payments.
- 12. Should I use HELOC to Lower My Debt Payments?
- 13. Is renting option better than buying for now? Yes renting is better if interest rate is very high.
- 14. See if any government grant is available for your credit score.
- 15. Unrelated, but here is FREE MEDICAID GUIDE!
Now that you got some good information on home buying process, view our properties free!
Other important factors to consider (Which most first time home buyers ignore) are
1. Transportation matrix also called housing transportation index
2. Neighborhood Economy
4. Use these tools for transit, driving cost data.